SoCalHoops All-Star News
Coca-Cola All-American Classic
Set For Las Vegas April 22--(Mar. 20, 2001)
|5th Annual Coca-Cola All-American Classic
MGM Grand's "Grand Garden Arena)
Sunday April 22, 2001
Top Players From All Over The U.S.
Remember the old annual spring Eddie Jones Classic? How about the Dada Classic? Well, this is the same concept (hence the "5th Annual" moniker), except bigger, better and with an all new name, a huge new sponsor, a brand new location, and as always, a new set of top players from all over the country. This game just keeps getting better and will rival the McDonald's All-American game in terms of talent and exposure, and it's destined to be one of the premier all-star games for high school All-Americans for years to come.
Dinos Trigonis, who has organized this event since its inception sent us an announcment about a month ago for this event, but we've held off putting anything up until we saw the rosters. Dinos e-mailed them this morning and this is going to be a terrific event, and it will, as always, feature two senior all-star games, and this year will also feature an underclassmen game on Saturday. Here are the details and the rosters for the games:
The 5th annual Coca-Cola All-American Classic will be held on Sunday April 22, 2001 at the MGM Grand' Grand Garden Arena (capacity 17,000) in Las Vegas Nevada. Players that are scheduled to participate in the All-American "National Game: (4:00 p.m. PST) include:
* Jamaal Sampson 6'11" Mater Dei (Santa Ana CA) (Cal signee)
* Isaiah Fox 6'9" Crossroads (Santa Monica CA) (Arizona signee)
* Julian Sensley 6'9" St. Thomas More (Oakdale CT) (Cal signee)
* Dennis Latimore 6'8" Halstead KS (Arizona signee)
* Andre Patterson 6'7" Washington (Los Angeles CA) (UCLA signee)
* Dijon Thompson 6'7" Redondo Union (Redondo Bch CA) (UCLA signee)
* Jamaal Wiiliams 6'6" Centennial (Corona CA) (New Mexico signee)
* Floyd North 6'5" St. Augustine (San Diego CA) (Oregon St. signee)
* Cody Pearson 6'4" Notre Dame (Sherman Oaks CA) (undecided)
* Dommanic Ingerson 6'3" Santa Barbara CA (Michigan signee)
* Jason Braxton 6'3" Canyon Springs (Moreno Vlly CA)(Ariz.St. signee)
* Errick Craven 6'2" Bishop Montgomery (Torrance CA) (USC signee)
* Derrick Craven 6'2" Bishop Montgomery (Torrance CA) (USC signee)
* Chris Hernandez 6'2" Clovis West (Fresno CA) (Stanford signee)
* Eddy Curry 6'11" Thornwood (So. Holland IL) (DePaul signee)
* Duane Erwin 6'9" Lee (Huntsville AL) (Memphis signee)
* Robert Little 6'9" Pius VI (Fairfax VA) (Stanford signee)
* Hakim Warrick 6'8" Friends Central (Wynnewood PA)(Syracuse signee)
* Najeeb Echols 6'7" Morgan Park (Chicago IL) (Missouri signee)
* Alan Anderson 6'6" De La Salle (Minneapolis MN)(Michigan St. signee)
* Marcellus Sommerville 6'5" Central (Peoria IL) (Iowa signee)
* Anthony Rice 6'5" Clayton County(College Park GA) (Memphis signee)
* John Allen 6'4" Coatesville PA (Seton Hall signee)
* Billy Edelin 6'3" Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson VA) (Syracuse)
* Ernest Turner 6'2" Sterling (Sommerdale NJ) (UNLV signee)
* Jonathan Hargett 6'0" Nat'l Christian Acad. (Ft. Washington MD)(West Virginia)
* Jason Straight 6'0" Dunbar (Chicago IL) (Wyoming signee)
The All-American "Border War" Game will tip-off at 2:00 p.m. (PST) and pit a group of California All-Stars versus a bunch of all-stars from Nevada and Arizona. Although a complete roster will not be released until after Friday March 23rd, players scheduled to compete in that contest include Chad Bell (New Mexico signee), Matt Short (Oregon signee), J.S. Nash (Oregon State signee), Eric Osmundsen (Utah signee), Nick Curtis (USC signee), Edwin Draughan (committed to Yale), Jason Johnson (UTEP signee), Anthony Davis (Long Beach State signee), Mark Bowens (Long Beach State signee) and Phillip Johnson (Cal Poly San Luis Obispo signee).
On Saturday night April 21st, the Dasani Dunkfest and 3-Point Shootout will be held at Durango HS in Las Vegas. This event will also include an HS underclass showcase as well. Additionallly, the Coca-Cola All-American Classic Media Luncheon will be held on Friday April 20th at the MGM Grand Hotel.
For more info on this event, please call Dinos Trigonis at (562) 223-0190.
ęCopyright SoCalHoops 1997-2001
Questions? Comments? Need Information?